Vegetarian dinner recipes are getting easier and easier to find now that many people are more focused on their available healthy choices. Vegetarians and meat eaters alike will love to add these three recipes into their general dinner recipes box. The following three recipes are tasty and quick to make. The three recipes are going to be a pizza, a curry, and a stroganoff, to show what kind of variety you can have when cooking vegetarian.
The first one is an Arugula and Goat Cheese Pizza. Many people have problems with the red sauce that comes standard on most pizza so this one has a pesto sauce instead, and this pizza is so so tasty with the fresh goat cheese and flavorful arugula.
ARUGULA AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA
1 medium to large unbaked pizza crust
6 tablespoons pesto sauce
3 fresh roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 (8 oz) package seasoned goat cheese
2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup fresh arugula
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven according to pizza crust instructions.
- Dab pesto onto the center of the crust and spread toward the outer edges. Cut goat cheese into thin coins, and crumble across the pizza. Arrange tomato slices over goat cheese. Sprinkle with garlic. Brush the edges of the crust lightly with the olive oil.
- Place your pizza directly on preheated oven rack. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes but check frequently and take out when the crust edges are golden.
- After removing pizza from the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes so that the feta has time to set, then cover the pizza with a few handfuls of arugula. Cut generous slices and serve.
This second recipe is an easy vegetarian curry. Once done, serve over rice or quinoa with a generous side of salad. This one is especially good if you have no garden or fresh produce nearby, as these ingredients are easily found at your local grocer.
AN EASY VEGETARIAN CURRY
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves crushed garlic
2 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 cube vegetable bouillon
1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
1 1/2 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Using a large saucepan over medium-high, heat oil and saute onion and garlic until golden.
- Stir in the curry powder and tomato paste, cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in your tomatoes, the vegetable bouillon, frozen mixed vegetables, water, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for about 30 minutes until vegetables are well done (not crunchy).
- Sprinkle with the fresh cilantro prior to serving with rice or quinoa.
This last recipe is a stroganoff and has a rich sauce with the portobello mushrooms served over egg noodles.
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM STROGANOFF
3 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, chopped
3/4 pound portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
8 ounces dried egg noodles
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Add the egg noodles and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes or follow the package instructions. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- While noodes are cooking, melt the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook, stirring until softened. Turn heat up to medium-high and add sliced portobello mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are limp and browned, then remove to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same large skillet, stir in vegetable broth, being sure to get all browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and cook until the mixture has reduced by 1/3. Reduce heat to low, and return the mushrooms and onion mixture to the skillet.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir together the sour cream and flour; then blend into the mushroom sauce. Return the skillet to the burner, and continue cooking over low heat just until the sauce thickens. Stir in the parsle, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over cooked egg noodles.
These three vegetarian dinner recipes are sure to be enjoyed by all your family, and just check out the website as I will be adding these and other recipes to there on a further basis.